Directions to AAAP Greene County Site
- Follow I-79 south to I-70 (A good place to meet up with others is the rest area on I-79, 1 mile south of the Bridgeville exit, #11).
- Follow I-70 west to exit 4, Chestnut St. and US 40.
- Take exit 4, turn right heading east on US 40.
- Turn right at the 2nd traffic light (at the Wendy's, Denny's and motel).
- Follow this road past Franklin Mall to PA 18, appx. 1 mile.
- Turn right heading south on PA 18.
- Follow PA 18 south for about 12 miles. You will then be near the star on the map.
- Follow the map from there (its like "star hopping", but with intersections).
When you reach the site, please:
- Enter through the gate at the bottom of the observing hill, turn left, and drive up the hill. (Close the gate if it was closed when you arrived.)
- Or, Enter through the electric fence at the top of the observing hill, turn right, and drive to your observing spot. (Use extreme caution when opening or closing the electric fence.)
- Watch out for cows (and their calling cards)
- Enjoy your night!